YugabyteDB Engineering Update – Nov 27, 2019
We are pleased to announce that YugabyteDB 2.0.6 is live! You can read the official release notes of this and previous versions here. This release is shipping with almost 30 new enhancements and bug fixes.
- Transparent read restarts for general queries. #1237
- Support row level security (RLS) as per Postgres. #1870
- Use database type in catalog_manager for keyspace name uniqueness. #1476
- Enable fmgr cache for C functions. #2596
- Fix delete from table returning * query with dropped columns. #2398
- Update catalog manager data while renaming YSQL table, DB and columns. #2280
- FOR [NO KEY] UPDATE. #2842
- Use transaction pool for YSQL. #2909
- Increase default PostgreSQL output buffer size; fix a bug with unnamed_stmt_psrc. #2975
- Use ~/.yugabytedb as default certificate folder for ysqlsh #2985
- Pick transaction id such that its leader is local to transaction coordinator #2889
- Speedup data loading in Master Leader startup. #2663
- Speedup CREATE DATABASE for YSQL.
- Set Timeout and elapsed time in same units #2826
- Track memory taken by CDC producer. #2888
- Cleanup TIMED_OUT calls from /rpcz. #2807
- Improve logging of shutting down idle and broken connections. #2918
- Do not display user index tables as system tables in master UI. #2921
- CDC Producer Metrics. #2154
- yb-admin support for in-memory encryption keys. #2916
- Poll TCMalloc stats on update of root MemTracker. #2566
- Fix LB enable / disable handling. #1942
- Propagate hybrid time from follower. #2956
- Rotate key with service should not rely on alias/cmk already existing #2943
- Enable alerts email button is not clickable #2827
- Fix SetUniverseKey task for unencrypted universes #2976
- Fix k8s metrics for CPU and Disk Usage.
- Support instance profiles for default CMK policy #2949
New Documentation, Blogs, Tutorials, and Videos
- Announcing YugabyteDB on Crossplane, the Open Source Multicloud Control Plane
- What is Distributed SQL?
- How Plume Handled Billions of Operations Per Day Despite an AWS Zone Outage
- Designing a Change Data Capture and Two Data Center Architecture for a Distributed SQL Database
- Distributed Databases Deconstructed: CockroachDB, TiDB and YugabyteDB
- We have uploaded over a dozen videos from this year’s Distributed SQL Summit. You can links to the presentations, slides and a recap of the highlights by checking out, “2019 Distributed SQL Summit Recap and Highlights.”
- YugabyteDB configuration reference documentation for TServer, Master nodes and port assignments
- Two data center (2DC) deployment instructions
Upcoming Meetups and Conferences
- Jan 16: Silicon Valley PostgreSQL Meetup
Distributed SQL Webinars
- Dec 11: Developing Microservices with Istio Service Mesh and Distributed SQL
- Dec 18: Distributed SQL Database Administration 101
- Jan 15: Developing Cloud-Native Spring Microservices with a Distributed SQL Backend
- Dec 2-6: Las Vegas
We are Hiring!
YugaByte is growing fast and we’d like you to help us keep the momentum going! Check out our currently open positions:
- Software Engineer – Cloud Infrastructure – Sunnyvale, CA
- Software Engineer – Core Database – Sunnyvale, CA
- Software Engineer – Full Stack – Sunnyvale, CA
- Developer Advocate – Sunnyvale, CA
- Senior Technical Writer – Remote
Our team consists of domain experts from leading software companies such as Facebook, Oracle, Nutanix, Google and LinkedIn. We have come a long way in a short time but we cannot rest on our past accomplishments. We need your ideas and skills to make us better at every function that is necessary to create the next great software company. All while having tons of fun and blazing new trails!
Ready to start exploring YugabyteDB features? Getting up and running locally on your laptop is fast. Visit our quickstart page to get started.