INSERT INTO Yugabyte (We’re Hiring, August 2020 Edition)
Recent Highlights and Happenings
It’s time for another monthly hiring blog post from the Yugabyte team! Although it remains a difficult time nationally and globally, it’s our hope that sharing this information and our currently open positions may be some good news at a time when it’s needed most.
Since our last hiring post, we announced the general availability of YugabyteDB 2.2! The highlight of this release is that YugabyteDB now supports fully-transactional distributed backups thus making mission-critical distributed SQL deployments operationally simple, even for the most demanding enterprise environments. YugabyteDB 2.2 also includes important new features such as online index builds, colocated tables, and deferred constraints. The end result is that YugabyteDB continues to make distributed SQL easy. It’s 100% open source, so go ahead and give it a try!
We also announced that the TPC-C benchmark implementation for YugabyteDB is now open source and ready to use! Check out our impressive results and other information in this post: TPC-C Benchmark: 10,000 Warehouses on YugabyteDB
Current Openings at Yugabyte
Health and safety remain a top priority for all of our roles. As such, all Yugabyte interviews are held virtually, so we can all continue doing our part with social distancing and containment efforts. Although we are based in Silicon Valley, we hire exceptional folks wherever they are! Yugabyte is currently hiring for these open positions in our Customer Success, Engineering, Product, and Marketing teams:
- Senior Product Manager, Core Database
- QA Engineer
- Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- Community Success Engineer
- Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
- Software Engineer, Core Database
- Software Engineer, Full Stack
- Solutions Engineer
- Developer Advocate
Current Openings in the Broader Yugabyte Community
As the broader Yugabyte community grows, so do the number of openings to help support those deployments. We scanned the Internet and found these openings:
- Solutions Architect, Charles Schwab Inc.
- Data Visualization Developer, Ciphertrace
- Data Engineer, Ciphertrace
- Data Scientist, Ciphertrace
- Big Data Pipeline Engineer, Ciphertrace
- Sr. Technical Product Manager, Data Pipeline and APIs, Ciphertrace
- GraphQL and OrientDB Expert
- DB expert: distributed SQL DB – Yugabyte review/PoC
- Visit our careers page for Yugabyte’s current openings and other information.
- Not yet familiar with our distributed SQL database? Get started with YugabyteDB on macOS, Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- If you don’t see a job that fits but would like an opportunity to turn your passion for Yugabyte into your profession, email us.